CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Marathon Day

Today was crazy busy! I started rolling this morning at 8, and I got home at 8 tonight. I'm not necessarily complaining; I like that I have things to do.

I started off by heading to the nearest city big enough to have a Walmart. (It's 30 miles from here.) I managed to secure some poster board for my morning meeting board, a shoe organizer for my bucket filler door, and some tablecloths to cover my bulletin boards. Then I headed off to Target to find some buckets for the bucket filler door and some lunch. (I forgot to make my lunch before I left the house this morning.) I also hit up Staples to find some binder rings.

I managed to create my bucket filler door, my weather station, and get a good start on my bulletin boards during the day! That was in between phone calls to organize home visits, visits from various board members, a few conversations with co-workers, and preparing for a spontaneous meeting.

The meeting involved writing an Emergency Preparedness Plan, and it is a pain. So many specific details....So many things to arrange... It's tedious, but it'll be nice to have in place when it's all done. It's a little scary to think about the things that might happen that would force us to actually use the plan....Hopefully we never have to.

Right now, my classroom has been completely disassembled. We're having the floors waxed on Thursday, so I had some people come in tonight to help move everything out and into the rooms across the hall. It's sad to see the room this way. I want it to be fixed again, but it's all good! I'll have beautifully cleaned and waxed floors by Thursday afternoon! Yay!

I'll post pictures of all of my work as soon as I can re-assemble my classroom, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment