CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

Creation of the Word Wall!

Today was a great day! Can I just say that? We got another new student signed up, which potentially (haven't heard back from everyone who requested registration forms) puts our total up to 16! Four more than last year! So psyched about this! There is still a lot of fear that the bottom will fall out and all the students will leave (which is probably irrational and unlikely to happen), but I'm praying that doesn't happen.

I really feel like I got a lot done - mostly arranging things, like home visits and volunteers. I'm really excited about a new addition to our routine for this year. Every Wednesday, the church has a free-will donation dinner for the community. The cook who makes all the food has offered to have special cooking sessions with the preschoolers during the day (while she's waiting for her food to cook properly)! The potential here is fantastic. We'll be out of the classroom, in a real kitchen, interacting with another adult and making some phenomenal snacks! I'm really looking forward to the whole deal!

I also worked on my classroom word wall today. Last year, I failed to maintain the word wall's potential. I had one and I would occasionally add words to it, but it wasn't something I kept up-to-date. Geeze, I didn't even have pictures with my students' name cards on the word wall. (I'm pretty embarrassed about that one.) I have learned from my mistakes, and I plan to truly utilize the word wall this year. Here's a picture of what it looks like:


and up close:


I haven't added my students' names yet, but they'll be the first words up there. I plan to take a picture of them when I do my home visits, so I can add a picture of them with their name on the word wall. (I'm also going to take a picture of them with their families to add to the dramatic play center! I got this idea from a class I'm taking, and I'm really excited about it.)

Wooo! I'm flying pretty high right now, which always scares me a little bit. I'm just really excited about this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment